Three IP addresses are defined in DNS. But only one SCAN VIP is configured.
% nslookup git1-scan
Addresses: 10.79.247.135, 10.79.247.136, 10.79.247.134
List SCAN VIP by:
% crsctl stat res -t
This problem is caused by /etc/hosts lists all three SCAN IPs and search order defined in nsswitch.conf is file, dns. /etc/hosts file is not able to handle 3 ip address associated with single hostname.
To fix the problem:
1) Comment out SCAN entries in /etc/hosts files on all nodes.
2) As grid owner (usually grid, if not oracle) stop scan listener and scan
%<Grid_ORACLE_HOME>/bin/ srvctl stop scan_listener
% <Grid_ORACLE_HOME>/bin/srvctl stop scan
3) As user root modify scan and scan listener to pick up other two IPs
%<Grid_ORACLE_HOME>/bin/ srvctl modify scan -n git1-scan
% <Grid_ORACLE_HOME>/bin/srvctl modify scan_listener -u
4) Asgrid owner start scan and scan listener
%<Grid_ORACLE_HOME>/bin/ srvctl start scan
% <Grid_ORACLE_HOME>/bin/srvctl start scan_listener
5) “crsctl stat res -t” to check and make sure all three SCAN VIP are up running